Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thriving Is Different From Surviving

Hey Ya'll!

This blog entry marks an accomplishment. I am somehow surviving college. Well, maybe I should not speak so soon since the week has not ended. I still have one more class to go before the sanctuary we call the weekend. Furman is an interesting place- both academically and socially. I have never studied so hard before, yet still been so happy. It is a weird and new feeling, but I guess that is just the definition of college. I have been working so hard that it would seem like I am miserable. Yet, I still have time to stop riding my bike (usually because I am about to run over a squirrel) and look at how amazing my surroundings are. Furman really is beautiful place. My social life has consisted of mainly the library, as I have become quite popular there. The other night marked my first trip into the 24 hour room.
Warning: **do not go into the 24 hour room. It is full of desperate, lonely, hungry (because they always seem to have fast food) kids who have let pure animal instinct take over as they scramble to finish assignments in the late hours of the night**
Seriously, I think someone growled at me.
Anyways, today I finished my first exam for Earth and Environmental Science. Dr.Andersen, if you are reading this, just remember what I lack in scientific skills, I make up for in personality-and blogging.


So here is how my exam went...
thats not sleeping- I temporarily lost control of my limbs- and future

On a brighter note, in the midst of chaos, Furman will throw a view like this at you in the early morning. I think it is a reminder of what we are all working for when we think about Sustainability. There are forces out there so much grander than we could ever imagine, and sometimes they don't even need an explanation:



Happy almost weekend peeps



No comments:

Post a Comment